What I like about Medium:
- The WYSIWYG UI, and how easy it is to write there and to update what I write.
- That it has no ads and no tracking. I cannot praise this highly enough.
- That @Ev is principled about #2, and staying the course, even though he gets lots of shit about it. Hats off.
- That it pays writers.
What I dislike about Medium:
- The clapping thing. I hate ratings and heart-clicks already, but this is even worse. But that's me. Your sentiments may vary.
- That every comment is also a standalone post in which, like it or not, the first line is the headline, whether or not the writer troubles to make it one. (Meaning what you see is not what you get, at least in this one case.) Also that comments are not threaded in some obvious way (unless I'm missing it).
Obviously, the former outweighs the latter or I wouldn't keep writing there.
@Ev, if you're reading this, love to talk. Been too long.